Friday, August 04, 2006

A Brief Pause...

"We'll take a brief pause for station identification." Yup, it's the top of the hour and you hear this phrase....

If only I would do the same thing with God. If only during the day, when the little things come up, could I pause and identify with God. Pray for even the smallest details of my day, like what am I going to have for lunch?

Phil 4:6 says to not worry about anything, always giving thanks. This verse has always been a favorite of mine because I've identified with it quite a bit. Worrying is something that I've always done. One of things I just can't shake. Everyone has their areas that they aren't totally "free" from. The things that you just can't give completely and totally to God. I have several, thus where my worrying comes in.

If I would take brief pauses and talk to God, putting him in the driver's seat... things would no doubt be different. I've pondered where to take this thought, but really I can't. You can only say it so many ways....

No comments: