Sunday, May 13, 2007

Moms

Being since it's Mother's Day, I thought I'd blog about moms. My mom is absolutely amazing. Having the four kids that she ended up with, I'm sure was a definite challenge for her. :) My mom and I have always had a pretty good relationship. Like any relationship, there have been times in my life when our relationship has been strained. Throughout my life, other than my real mom, I've had a lot of "moms." When I was in school and my mom couldn't come to activities, there would always be someone else's mom willing to cheer me on. Then there's my stepmom... she's a wonderful mother I am sure. I've never given her the title of being my mom because, well, she isn't.

Philemon 1:7 says, "
Your love has given me great joy and encouragement..." My mom has always had the ability to make me laugh. Humor is one thing I definitely acquired from her. She's been encouraging in a motherly way, even when she thought I was making a wrong decision. It makes me happy to know that this is the mom that God chose for me. I wouldn't want it any other way. With all the stuff she's dealt with throughout her life, I'm glad it's her that is continually teaching me lessons, making me laugh hysterically, and enjoying life with.

It takes a special woman to be a mom... So I pray that this day is as special as each of you are. Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's. I love you all. :)

No comments: