Saturday, November 21, 2009

I never thought I'd...

I've been trying to write this blog all week... In honor of my birthday, I thought I'd share a few things in my life that I never thought I'd do.

1. I never thought I'd be doing crafts until 11 pm on a Friday night before a church event - but I do it several times a year.
2. I never thought I'd go on a mission's trip to Haiti - but I did in April and it was an amazing trip!
3. I never thought I'd call someone else's kids "my kids" - but I do at least twice a week. I'm constantly being blessed by them.
4. I never thought I'd enjoy spending so much time with kids - I miss them when I can't see them and I wouldn't imagine it any other way!
5. I never thought I'd have a job that I enjoy, with great coworkers - I actually look forward to going to work! What a concept. :)
6. I never thought I'd miss getting birthday cards. It's Saturday and I've gotten none. ZERO.
7. A few years ago, I never thought I'd move out of Nebraska. Three years ago I moved to the Kansas City area and without a doubt in my mind, it has been the best thing I've ever done.

There are also days in my plan when I never thought I'd be almost 30 and single with no kids. I know it's not my plan, but it's in God's time. I enjoy my life, but I'm not content. I am a firm believer that God has better things planned for me; bigger and better than I ever could have imagined or planned for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I 'heart' your list, esp #5 :-)

On #7, the Hallmark Fairy (who is BFF's with the Balancing Fairy), that if you share the wealth, maybe you'll get some back :-) You can borrow my platinum card anytime-lol