Saturday, March 27, 2010

Season of Lent

A month ago I experienced one of THE most emotional Ash Wednesday services in my life. Being raised a Lutheran, I've gone to plenty of Ash Wednesday Services, but this time, my heart was different. The congregation wrote on a piece of paper what we were giving up. As I wrote down my sacrifice for the next 40 days and left the piece of paper at the cross, I cried. Maybe it was the realization, that this time, I was truly MAKING a sacrifice. Completely getting the sacrifice that God gave for me. For us. My sacrifice was fast food. If you know me and what my schedule entails, this, indeed, is a sacrifice.

As Lent has progressed, Christi and I have had conversations about what God is trying to tell us. My message has been forgiveness. I don't usually have a problem forgiving, but as of late there has been two. I've been to conferences, church, etc. and every time I attend, the message is forgiveness. Yes, Christi, I get it. :) So... God and I are working on it. That's all I can say for now.

With 9 days left until Easter, this week being Holy Week, I can't wait to see what God has in store for the rest of the year! God is shaking me and working in my heart like He's never done before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Lent has been great! And I think the Big Man is talking to you, sometimes we're just not ready to listen to him yet. Hugs!