Sunday, May 23, 2010

Playground

This morning I was watching my church kids run around the playground. I started thinking about when I was little and we'd get the swing going super high and then jump off. Now days adults freak when kids do this, and I find myself getting all motherly.

Remember when we had the metal slides and during the summer you'd burn your butt (literally) going down?! The tricks just to get down without getting hurt. Or flying across the metal monkey bars to get to the other side of the jungle gym...

It's so crazy how much the little things change sometimes. What playground equipment do you remember?

1 comment:

MJW said...

I loved the monkey bars. A girl from my class broke her arm on the monkey bars at school. Also loved this thing where we could be king of the world and try to push people off. It was a balancing log. :) Oh memories!