Monday, November 15, 2010

Birthday changes

Well, a new decade is here! It feels pretty good actually. I've been so focused on my goals for the last year, but as of late I've forgotten about them and have been working on making some changes instead.

New habits: I've started working out with a personal trainer each Wednesday. She gives me homework to do throughout the week when I'm working out by myself. I think she might be trying to kill me. :) Now, if I could just stop eating... or rather, eat healthier. What fun is that?! Sidenote: It has been helping to attend birthday parties and shower with my trainer because then I'm aware of what I'm eating. LOL

Keeping up with old habits: I'm still trying to get through the Bible... not jumping in feet first because I will quickly lose interest. Also going to attempt to blog (and read/comment) and read books!

New look: As I posted a few days ago, I got braces two weeks ago. Looking forward to the end result... already. :) They aren't hurting so far, I'm just mildly annoyed with brushing my teeth so much.

Keeping up appearances: I entered my 30's with Alex Haley... oh no. May need to fix that before my birthday trip.

All in all, it's time to start thinking about and taking care of myself. Maybe something I should have started at 25, but it's better late than never, right!? Might think about going to bed earlier too... hmmm. My birthday's over in an hour -- I won't be awake to see it end. Have a fabulous Tuesday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex Haley!! What girl you need to get that done didded! LOL!

And I was going to comment on your parenting blog below, but figured you already knew my thoughts ;-)