Monday, September 05, 2011

Dress to Impress

We've all heard the saying "You can't love, if you can't love yourself." I've pondered this phrase a lot lately... and come to realize how true it is. Why should someone accept you unconditionally if you don't? God does, but He is the Master of unconditional love.

While a lot of us have things that we don't like about ourselves, there is always something to be proud of! If you can't look nice or be proud when you have "no one" to impress; why should anyone be impressed with you in the first place?? I find myself guilty of this a lot, not really caring what I look like, but then throw pity parties when things happen that make me disappointed in myself.

I want to dress with JOY and CONFIDENCE. I want to be proud of who I am in Christ. I want to be a Godly woman who is striving to do what He has called me to do and be.

No comments: