Friday, November 21, 2008

Holidays of firsts..

A few of my cousins and I have been mentioning this week how these holidays that are fast approaching, are quite frankly, going to suck.

My birthday has came went... and it's been hard for me to comprehend that there won't be a card in my mailbox telling me where Thanksgiving is this year and that she hopes to see me "on the 23rd at the Town Hall." After living 'away' for quite awhile, I'm going to miss these cards. In another month I won't get a Christmas card telling me where that family celebration will be held either.

There are always those who move on through life as if nothing has changed. Then there's who ponder (like me) and sometimes make more of a mess in your brain. For those of you who will also be having holidays of 'firsts'... I'll be praying for you.

No comments: