Sunday, September 24, 2006

Courage and strength

So... I have a dilema. Well, not so much a dilema. I've had this talk with several people, so I decided to write a blog. So, I basically need to stop being a chicken, and tell my parents that I'm moving in two months. It has been suggested to stop with my car packed and just tell them. Sounds good to me!!

The past two Sundays I have gone to my parent's house with every intent on telling them. It's a 45 minute drive from my house to my parent's. In those 45 minutes I have prayed for hard for God to lead my words and to give me strength. So far, He's not wanting me to say anything. Not sure what He's plan is in that.

As I've discussed with many of you before - it's so hard to tell people that you feel led to do something, when they have never had that feeling. My mom (whose reaction I fear the most) has lived in Nebraska forever; working and raising children. I would love to work and raise children - I just don't see myself doing it in Nebraska. Who's not to say that I won't come back in 10 years... who cares? Just the chance to spread my wings and experience something new!!

I have been looking up verses about courage. Lately, I feel so cowardly and unable to express what I'm thinking with them. Deuteronomy 31:6 says to "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." I know. He's always there. I know this. The question is, where is this strength and courage that I need?? I can't do this without Him. Please pray in the coming weeks (sooner rather than later), that I will be able to have this talk, express that God is leading me, and that I'm taking a leap of faith and trusting that He will provide, no matter where I go.

I love you guys! Have an awesome week, everyone!

1 comment:

gg said...

I went through this during the summer. There was something that I needed to tell my folks (a possible relationship, a long-distance one) - and I waited 2 weeks to tell them. When I finally broke down and did it, the reaction was nowhere near what was expected. Everyone was fine with it, and we had a nice discussion, actually. So - you just never know!! Maybe the parentals will surprise you!!!! I'll be praying for that, hon.