Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Just amazing

As I pondered this blog in my head over the past four days, I was basking in the wonders of God's creation. I was headed to the mountains of Colorado with two of my friends. It had been a stressful month for at least two of us, so things could be interesting!

As I've mentioned, I have a thing for water scenes. During our exploration of Colorado Springs, we drove up a mountain and in the middle was a waterfall. It wasn't the most amazing waterfall I'd ever seen, but just seeing it put me in a "mood." I sat there, feeling the water from the fall, closed my eyes and thanked God for creating such a scene.... and the three hundred other beautiful scenes I saw this weekend. I've been to Colorado before, but never viewed it the way I did this time.

Matthew 17:20 says, "...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Oh right! I would like to think my faith is at least as big as a mustard seed, but I'm not sure about that whole moving mountains thing. During this trip, we drove up Pikes Peak... at an elevation of 14,000 feet, above the clouds, I was standing on this mountain and I certainly did not feel as if I could move it. I felt as if every gorgeous scene I saw, I could just weep. God is way too good to us. Giving us everything we don't deserve - I know I surely don't what He has given me.

The point is that He did give them to me. He's there watching me get teary over the things He has created. He's there watching me as I'm thanking Him for the first time for creating what He did. He's there watching me having the most "God moments" in four days then I've had all year... and for that, I'm truly grateful. There's no one better to share it with than Him.

1 comment:

marybeth said...

what a great place to be, both spiritually and physically! so glad you enjoyed your weekend!

:()