Thursday, July 27, 2006

"Let's get something"

I'm not sure where to begin this post, but when I said those three words, it immediately sounded like a blog title. Sad how things in everyday conversation are suddenly being looked at in a different way. Lately I've had several conversations and then suddenly think or say "That sounds like a blog title!"

At any rate, when I used these words today I got a sense of joy in my heart. Let me explain the conversation that took place. I have been trying for several months to find a job elsewhere (other than the state of Nebraska). One of my best friends and I were both hungry and I said "Let's get something." She said 'ok' even though the problem is that we live 3 hours from each other. So we can't just "go get something." I told her that I can't wait for the day when I can say those three words and we can be together in five minutes. YAY!

With my whole situation on jobs and moving, sometimes it seems as if God isn't answering my prayers. Well, of course He is, I'm just not listening. He is waiting for the right time for me ... for the perfect job so I'm not struggling ... and preparing my heart for this life-changing decision that I'm about to make.

The conversation with my friend continued later that night after I received a call about a job in her area. I suddenly was giddy and twitterpatted and on an all-time HIGH! I was suddenly thinking of something new-things we could do... and they all involved church. In recent years, I have fallen away from being involved in church. My home church is a country church of approximately 400 members. It was here where I taught preschool Sunday School, 5th grade confirmation, and helped out with VBS for several years.

My new church is over 2,000 members and I do absolutely nothing to get involved. It's not that I don't want to. I've always loved this church, but as of lately I have been attending somewhere else because I'm feeling like it's not what I need. My friend had gotten a call from a church in her town asking her to take on an important task. The church she attends now also wants her to take on a ministry...

As soon as I got the call on this potential job, I immediately thought "I can get involved in church again!" I am excited about the possibility of getting this job, but I'm even more excited at the possibilities I'm going to have at church! God is seriously working my heart. I know this because I haven't been excited about getting involved in church for a long time. If... ok, when, not if... God will have something awesome ready for me, plus I will get to be involved in some wonderful ministries.

It's time for me to say "Ok, God. I'm ready. Let's get something!"

7 comments:

Joel C. said...

It's so obvious the two of you make a great team. God's timing is always right on, even if we don't see it.

CJ said...

The future is bright when God is moving...Can't wait for you to get here :) God has some things for us to get...

Unknown said...

Indeed He does! I can't wait to get there either. :)

Lilly said...

Jeremiah 29:11-13.Enough said. For now. =)
Love you....

Mailman said...

Your excitement is infectious. Looking forward to hearing how it all comes together for you!

marybeth said...

keep us posted, girl! i LOVE the way you express things. praying for all that god has for you!

hurry up and visit new england already! ;D

gg said...

Congrats, laffy!!! So happy for you!!! God has a way of bringing things together, huh?! :)

Another person closer to me....ahhhhh