Friday, July 28, 2006

What is THAT?!

Have you ever noticed the things we do for our skin? I was pondering this thought last night as I removed the pore strip from my nose for the third time this week. As a woman who's beginning to see things in a different light, I think skin is evil. It's evil and there are too many things to do to it, several of them painful! There's washing, moisturizing, waxing, exfoiliating, the infamous pore strips, and the list goes on and on...

I have never waxed a hair from my body and I'm not sure I want to experience that pain. However, I will never forget the first time I removed a pore strip from my nose. My exclamations of "What is THAT?!" and "Ewwwww" rang throughout my apartment. Seriously... according to this thing, my nose is an invisible porccupine...and it isnt cute.

What is the purpose? Well... I don't want to think of what my skin would look like if I didn't take care of it as much as I'm starting to. It's just that peeling paper mache off your face isn't appealing, but man my face is soft afterwards!

Maybe I'll get to that waxing thing one of these days...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

No it isn't! There are so many more things that could have been said...

marybeth said...

ROFL!!!

i think every woman on earth can relate to this, laffy! as i write this, i'm sitting here with about an inch of clay on my own face, hoping that the magical herbal combination will work miracles...
thanks for the laugh! you rock!

sail the fish

Unknown said...

Well, flashy... if you leave the pore strip on too long, it too can be cruel and usual..

Unknown said...

ummm....that's cruel and UNusual.. good grief.

gg said...

laffy - and you're so quick to share those with us rofl

Unknown said...

LOL! I just want to be a blessing, gg. :)

CJ said...

HEY! That's my line!

Unknown said...

Yes, well, it fit here...so I used it. :) And it's my blog and I can do what I want...