Friday, July 21, 2006

Scenery

I've discovered I have a fascination with water. No, not water that comes out of the faucet. Like, bodies of water... water falls, fountains, and the like. I've been attempting to decorate my apartment. I decided to go with two themes. My dining room will be lighthouses (which are near water...) and my bedroom is baseball (this should come as no shock to anyone).

So I'm driving by the campus of UNL pondering my decorating. I think about adding fountains to the dining room with the lighthouses... and then comes the realization that I'm fascinated with water scenes. Photography can never show the true scene that's right in front of you... but man! They are surely amazing! To take this one step further (as if you even wanted me to), I began thinking about scenery in general. God has created so many wonderful things for us to see! No scene is ever the same, but how many times do we actually stop and enjoy it?

One Saturday I was making one of my many trips back to Lincoln from Kansas City (yes, this happens a lot). I had left at 5:00 a.m. to make it to work by 9 (this has been known to happen several times, as well), and as I'm driving, I see this beautiful sunrise that makes me want to pull over. Mind you, it's 6 am and I am dog tired, but how wonderful it would have been to sit and appreciate this work of God. It had been quite some time since I'd actually SEEN the sun rise and seeing this one, made me appreciate things a little more. God spent time... such precious time to create wonders for us that we rarely enjoy, even the little things like a fountain in the middle of the sidewalk. God put it there, stop and enjoy it.




Niagara Falls - One of the many wonderful scenes I have yet to enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL Flashy. Well, you know I love my Canadians... it just had to be done. :)

Unknown said...

Rav, I like the way you think! :)