Saturday, September 15, 2007

Heard that before

Lately my blogs have been about my cynicism. So keeping with this topic (lol) why is it that guys always says "I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet" or "I'm one of a kind." Yeah, I've heard that so many times and it has yet to be true. I was perusing around on the Christian singles site that I belong to; and the very last paragraph of a profile was "I warn women "I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet." Oh right. I immediately clicked out of it.

At the beginning of my current state of confusion, I made the comment that it was "too good to be true." He didn't understand this comment until he read the book "Captivating." None the less, I think he got it, but at the same time -- I was right; once again.

Has cynicism gotten the best of me? I've always been a very trusting person, but I no longer believe what anyone says -- no matter what the topic is or who says it. My msn quote states it best for now, "All I want is for ONE guy to prove to me that they aren't all the same."

I'm just sayin.

No comments: