Saturday, September 15, 2007

Servant?

About a month or so ago, I took a test to see what my spiritual gifts were. One of my top three is Servant. I joyfully look forward to the day when Christ leads me home and says "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

So, after being a Christian since 1999, I'm getting baptized again. I was baptized as an infant, but I feel that this is an important outward thing for me to go through in my walk with Him. Yesterday, I got an email from my pastor about the baptism and he ended it by saying "Thank you for all you do... you are a wonderful servant."

This put so much joy in my heart, I can't even begin to describe. I've always had this servant attitude about me. When I was in youth group, I was always first to volunteer. When I was in college, I was often the only one in Thursday night Bible Study. Thinking about getting baptized has taken me back to my short months at Wayne State and the people there that highly impacted my walk.

My days at Wayne State were absolutely fabulous. It's here where my faith walk truly began and it holds a special place in my heart. I didn't confess it with my mouth until a month later, proclaiming Christ as the center of my life. Having told Campus Crusade sponsors this right before moving back home, one of the sponsors asked what my middle initial was. He promptly began calling me Leslie Amazing. He was dumbfounded that someone with a servant heart as mine hadn't truly been in "that place" until I had been involved in nearly every Crusade activity for weeks. *sigh* I need to go email him now.

May God truly AMAZE you with His ever sufficient love and grace, no matter the circumstances.

No comments: