Monday, October 27, 2008

The difference

Tonight as I was attempting to console two teenagers, I quickly realized how different girls and boys react to different things. Not like I never knew, but I've never had to console my brother and sister about the same thing.

The reader's digest version of the story: tonight I got home and Dylan had sent me a message with a link to a news story (which for him is odd in itself). The story was about 3 teenagers who died in a car accident. I immediately called him to see if he was ok - no answer. After a few minutes he came online and we talked about it (as much as I could muster out of him). My goal was to basically reassure him that I'm there if he ever needs to talk about stuff.

My sister on the other hand, was a different story. She was very angry, voiced a few angers at God for taking them so young. This question is always hard to answer, no matter how old you are.

I can't imagine dealing with these feelings at 15/16 years old. At the same time, talking to these two made my heart ache. I hate seeing them sad; I can't think how I would feel if they were my kids. You can't change what's already done, but I hope this is a chance for God to grasp the future.

No comments: