Saturday, January 07, 2012

Couch to 5k

On December 27, 2011 I began a great feat. I started "running"... ok, jogging. I began the program couch to 5k (again). This time of year I always beat myself up because I never accomplish anything throughout the year. I'm not a runner AT ALL, so it's been interesting listening to my legs talk after my workouts. Yesterday, I completed week 1 - I had to do days 2 and 3 twice, but hey, I'm ok with that. I've stuck with it longer than I did before, so that's something right??

The reason: One of my co-workers told me about the Royals Charity 5k. It's July 8 - the start of All-Star week (which is being held in Kansas City -- I'm super excited!). I said do you want to do it? We agreed and said let's do it!! Thus began my motivation for killing my legs.

I found another 5k that's close to my house that takes place on May 12. Ok. That gives me 5 months to 'train' and maybe get somewhere. This will be my practice run. This journey suddenly spiraled and one of my friends in North Carolina said "You should come visit me and we'll run one together!" Well.. ok!!! You know I'm always up for a trip. :) I found one that we can do - October 27. Looks like I'm making a trip to Charlotte.

My other 'goals' for this year are basically the same as last year -- again, because I can never accomplish anything. Ha!

Love you guys - thanks so much for the encouragement and motivation!

No comments: