Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mess to Message

If you haven't noticed, I'm big on dates and anniversaries. Four months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (read more about that here). At the time I was shocked and so disappointed in myself. I'm learning more everyday, but God has used this as a spark of motivation on taking care of myself.

This week I began week 2 of c25k. Farther than I've ever gotten in the program. Tuesday I went to ab/core class... and then got the flu (or something like it). I was in bed all day on Wednesday, barely made it through work and teaching on Thursday... tonight, I HAD to do SOMETHING. Went to the gym - barely did 1/2 a mile on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical and I was done.

BUT... Did I mention... I registered for my first 5k!!!!!! :) May 12 is the big day and I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!!!

For that reason alone, I will forge ahead with typical weekend workouts and start week 2 again on Monday.


In a typical me fashion I would have thought 'who cares? It's Friday' and not have done anything. I don't normally toot my own horn, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I appreciate and love the encouragement and support I'm getting from friends and family.

Tonight on the way home from work I was thinking about the last four months. For the last month alone, I've been to the gym at least 3 times a week... I feel better about myself now than I have probably in my entire life!


God is definitely turning my mess into a message and I'm so excited about what He's going to do!

No comments: