Thursday, July 19, 2007

People in life

My current favorite CD is Building 429's new one, called Iris to Iris. Songs about standing closer than you've ever been, face to face with God, in awe at His beauty. My favorite is one called "Stand Amazed" and the chorus says, "You've got me right You want me...You've got me right where I need to be..." As I ponder these words, I think about the people that God has placed in my life. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that people, if even in your life for just a season, will teach you something and there's a reason for it. You needed to learn something from that.

Whether your experience ended in good or bad, people fade away. You can choose to take it with a grain of salt and find the lesson that God is trying to teach you through that person. A lot of people have come in and out of my life, trust me, I'm not saying it's easy. In fact, sometimes it's hard and it down right sucks.

Another song on the same CD is called "Constant." Hmm... these seem to fit. No matter who's in my life, who's coming or going; God has me in a place where I need to be. Where HE wants me: Seeking Him in all that do, no matter how people are treating me or who is in my life -- or not. He is the one thing that is a constant for me in a world of change.

My prayer for you today is that you can look in the face of God and stand amazed at His constant mercies, grace, and love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.