Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Someday my prince will come

Last night I was having a conversation with my one of my friends. She's been married for just over a year and her husband takes very good care of her. We were talking about a couple of friends of ours who seem to "find" men who pay their way... thus they've had a few free vacations in the last several years. Then she asked me if I'd heard anything from my current state of confusion. My response was (jokingly), "No, but he can't buy me free vacations..."

I am not one of those women that look at how much money a man makes. Can he provide for himself? Is he going to be able to provide for our future family? These are things that I think of. During this conversation, she says, "I believe that God has a man out there that can take you on free vacations to wonderful places. He will bring you yours..."

In the book "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers, a modern telling of the story of Gomer and Hosea... Michael is a man who knows that this woman is who God is sending for him. When he sees that this woman is a prostitute, he challenges God. "God, she CANNOT be the ONE." Michael did everything he could to bring Angel to him -- to convince her that they were meant to be together because God said so. He pursued her like no other man has pursued before. Michael trusted with all his heart... even when times were bad, Angel wasn't convinced and he wanted to just let her go.

I, personally, would rather have a Michael than a "mr. big checkbook." But can we have both? The man who is secure is his checkbook to provide for us AND give us the vacations we desire, but to also have his heart so lost in God, that he trusts that I was the ONE, even when he saw me at my lowest point. I pray for him daily; I pray that God will prepare my heart for this man that will one day amaze me beyond comprehension.

My prayer for us ladies today, is that God will bring you your Michael and your "mr. big checkbook" in your own package... that God will put you in the circumstance, that divine appointment, to bring you together. That this man will pursue you like no other. Prepare your hearts, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

No comments: