Wednesday, February 18, 2009

100!

Wow, this is my 100th post. I thought for my 100th that I wanted to post something like my favorite things - not necessarily materialistic. It had to be something big!! I worked on it and worked on it, seemed to get no where. However, tonight at Youth, Dr. Sondra (our Pastor's wife) preached. Needless to say, I got a little something from it, and it kind of tugged at my heart strings.

Bear with me here as you do this along with me. Get a piece of paper, and on one side trace your hand. Write your name in the 'palm,' and along the fingers write 5 things that you are good at and/or that you like about yourself.

Now, what she had us do was on the other side of the paper, trace both hands. Then we went around the room and OTHER people had to write good things about us. Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." God has planned our purpose - in ADVANCE! Just like Moses, God has called us by name and given us a mission, a purpose. Moses' response was "Who am I?"

Who are we? We are God's ART. His creation to fulfill His plan. God says, "What is that in your hand?" Meaning God has given us the tools and equipment we need. We just need to trust Him and His perfect will. What's in our hand? The talents and gifts that God has given us. It's not always easy to recognize these gifts because maybe they come so easily that we don't look at them as gifts. Or maybe we don't like admitting to ourselves that we can be good at something.

It's hard to compliment yourself. It might be even harder to receive compliments given by others. All day we are spit on verbally, possibly verbally abused by those who put us down. Even if we are given a compliment, we won't remember it, because all the bad outweighs the good. Have you been told that you're loved today? That you're powerful? Never doubt your worth, because the Almighty God, who has a plan and a purpose, LOVES you.

And if you haven't been given any other compliments today...

You look beautiful. :)

3 comments:

MJW said...

This is much better than listing 100 things. I love this blog. I even sent it to my mother! :) I think you are such an inspiration. You are going to do wonderful things in Haiti! PS: I love the new layout! :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Congrats on your 100!

Sara said...

Happy 100th! Love it!