Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Confessions of a chunky monkey

I often talk about the support and encouragement that I enjoy getting from my friends and family. This journey of making life changes is hard, it's tough to kick habits. I take the constructive criticism with a grain of salt. Here is a list of things that I don't like hearing (in no particular order):

1. How much weight have you lost? -- If you can't tell, don't ask. It's like asking a woman when she's due and she's not pregnant!
2. Why aren't you losing any weight? -- Coming more often then not, from my mother.
3. I hate going to dinner and movies alone.
4. I feel like everyone's staring at me at said #3. I know they aren't, but it feels like it.
5. Have you tried.... ? I'm not looking for a quick fix, pill, or surgery for me to lose weight.


Things I don't mind hearing because I know it's a push to help me:

1. How are you doing on your water? Sometimes I'm a rockstar at the water... sometimes not so much.
2. Did you work out today? This week the answer has been no, but I think I'm going to join another gym that will allow me 24 hr access. This means that I can work out at 8 or 8:30 pm if I have to.
3. Dear Diary...... "Well... that's probably not the best decision you made..."
4. I know you can do it. -- It's glad to hear that some people have faith in me when I don't have faith in myself.

No comments: