Monday, February 02, 2009

Haiti

I'm going to try and start a pattern with updates, so here it goes for this week:

Last week I got two shots. I hate shots, but all is well. :) Two down, one more to go. I lucked out
because one of the Hepatitis series' I already had... so whew! I also have my prescription for milaria (doesn't that sound exciting?), so I'll be taking those a week before we leave.

The first payments were due this past weekend, so we got those paid. We'll have one more payment of $300 or so due by the first week of March. Our plane tickets will be purchased by the end of this week. For those of you catching up -- we'll fly from KC to Miami, stay the night in Miami and very early the next morning leave for Port-Au-Prince. From there we'll fly to Jacmel and then drive up the mountain to the orphanage.

CJ and I are going to turn in all of our passport stuff this weekend, so hopefully we'll have those in 3 weeks. It's approaching fast, but there's still so much more to do. We still have to shop for all the items on our "to take" list... other than clothes and the 'normal' stuff, we have a supply list so we can make it through the beach. Of course a load of batteries is on my list. lol

Please continue praying. We still have more support to raise and April is approaching fast. Thank you so much for your continued encouragement and support.

~God Bless!~

No comments: