Saturday, February 21, 2009

Friends & Haiti update

I love lazy Saturdays. This week I've been fighting a cold, so today I stayed in bed and watched the entire first season of Friends. I love it!! I laugh every single time, no matter how many times I see an episode. As I sit here at 12:30 am, I'm attempting to finish up some church announcements for tomorrow. I've been reading some stories about the awesomeness of God today. He never ceases to amaze me in his faithfulness.

I was reading the blog of the Hands and Feet Project, the orphanage that we'll be working at in Haiti. They just got a new little girl, 3 years old, whose mother gave her up because all 9 of her siblings have died from malnutrition or disease. I can't wait to meet these precious little kids in a little over a month. I can't believe how fast it's coming up... 39 days. Wow. We haven't gotten our passports yet. Probably some time this week I'm thinking. I have an appointment on Friday to get my last shot, then I have my prescription filled for pills. It's all coming together... including raising support. One of the hardest things I've had to do is ask for this money. I remember at the very beginning praying to God that people would be generous, that He would open their hearts, and help people understand.

I'm glad and proud to say that all of my support has been raised, including my "extra spending" money. On March 27th, we're having a fundraiser dinner. The week before we leave. A tad late, BUT I'm hoping that maybe we can at least replenish what we had to spend out of our own pockets. Which isn't the way to really think about it, but God is faithful. If we're meant to, we will. If not, then so be it; we've helped a good cause.

Not sure what these updates will bring in the next month; we'll have to see. I ask that you continue to pray for me and the other 8 people in our group. I've gotten a lot of people saying they were sorry they couldn't contribute monetarily. I'm not sorry because God has taken care of the money. God will continue to take care of our travels and our safety, but please continue to pray as we enter this unstable country.

God bless - may you have a wonderful time of worship tomorrow!

1 comment:

MJW said...

This is so exciting! Everything is really coming together for you. I cannot wait for your new adventure! I'm going to miss talking to you! What am I going to do??? :)