Monday, January 26, 2009

Haiti Update

I thought I'd also post another Haiti update. Support letters went out a couple weeks ago, and support is slowly but surely coming in. God is so faithful and He keeps showing me over and over.

Our first payment deadline is the end of this week. It's kind of nerve-racking, but once again God is trying to teach me to not be anxious, but pray about everything, always giving thanks. I am so thankful and grateful to those who have contributed to the endeavor of our group. Not just the people I know, but the people I don't - who have contributed to the others in our group, donated supplies that we'll be taking with us.

I'm also thankful for the prayers of support and words of encouragement. Sometimes all it takes is one bad apple and I get scared and feeling like, "Why on earth am I doing this?" I know why I'm doing it. I know why we're all doing it. I feel led... I know we all do. Keep praying all, they're much needed as deadlines approach.

CJ and I are going to turn in our passport applications on Saturday. So hopefully we'll have those in a couple weeks. In the next couple weeks I'll also be beginning the process of getting shots... ugh, shots. Lots of shots. Ewww! *Pray for that too! lol*

Love you all. God Bless!


1 comment:

MJW said...

I'm sending positive thoughts your way and praying for your new adventure! Can't wait to hear all about it too! Keep me updated! :)