Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Toddlers & Tiaras

Lately on the news and tv it seems the topic is young girls (and their mothers) and beauty pageants. Really? I don't get this.

I think of JonBenet Ramsey... this little girl was precious! Yet forced into this world of pageants so her mother could live vicariously through her. Seeing previews of this "toddlers and tiaras" show on TLC quite frankly angers me. The things they do to their children -- spray on tans, fake teeth, all for what? A trophy? Popularity?

What happens to these kids when they get older? They're scarred for life and have issues and drama beyond belief! Ugh!!! So annoying and I want to know how these mothers live with themselves.

1 comment:

MJW said...

I watched this show with my mom one night and I have the exact same feelings you had. Seriously who are these people besides the episode I watched it was more about the trophy than the money. Wow - what will those trophies buy you in the future. Not a lot! What a total waste of money! aaaannndd... end rant :)